Marketing and Attraction Activities
Nick Larson, APEX Business Developer, explained there are traditionally two seasons that APEX engages in a sophisticated and targeted conference approach to business recruitment - spring and fall of each year. This spring the APEX team attended seven conferences throughout the Country including the following:
- Select USA Summit in Washington, DC: This was APEX’s first time in attendance at the foreign direct investment conference. Investors, economic development professionals and government officials were brought together to facilitate investment in the US.
- Progress Minnesota Awards – Minneapolis, MN: Hosted by Finance & Commerce, this event recognizes individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations that are driving business growth and economic development in Minnesota in innovative ways. Congratulations to three regional businesses which received awards at the event, Cirrus Aircraft Corp., maurices and AAR, Corp.
- SME Conference – Duluth, MN: APEX exhibited at the local Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration conference in February. The conference provided APEX with the opportunity to reconnect with a promising light manufacturing and testing project that has advanced their timeline.
- International Biomass co-located with Heating the Midwest – Minneapolis, MN: The International Biomass conference is the largest gathering of biomass professionals in North America. APEX connected with several high-potential prospects, and learned about enhancements in technical processes and platforms for biomass-related products.
- Zenith Social Media Conference – Duluth, MN: APEX attended the local event that draws national industry-leaders and attendees for this social media-centered conference.
- RevAmerica – New Orleans, LA: APEX attended the domestic outsourcing show with economic development partner, Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board. APEX continues to evaluate and promote the opportunity for regional businesses to benefit from the “onshoring” outsourcing of information technology and business processes.
New Intern Joins APEX
APEX is pleased to announce that Rose Lindquist has joined as the newest intern. Lindquist is from Eden Prairie and currently attends the University of Minnesota Duluth. Majoring in political science, she has extensive experience drafting grant proposals, fundraising and lobbying the legislature as a member of the Legislative Certificate Program. Lindquist will be assisting in both business development and administrative work for APEX.