202 West Superior Street • Suite 612 • Duluth, MN 55802
(P) (218) 723-4040
Created in 1986 by The McKnight Foundation, the Northland Foundation is a regional foundation serving the communities of northeastern Minnesota. Unlike the typical concept of a "foundation" — which is a charitable organization that makes grants to programs from their endowment — the Northland Foundation is unique. We serve our region through:
• a grantmaking program that provides resources to nonprofit
organizations in the region;
• an operating program, KIDS PLUS, that is dedicated to
improving the well-being of children and youth;
• a business finance program that provides financing to
assist small and medium-size businesses;
• an assisted living venture that a provides high-quality,
affordable living options to enable older adults to
age-in-place in underserved rural communities; and
• other special initiatives.
"2016 Top State for Business"
"Minnesota lands back in top 10 of tech-business rankings"
"#1 State for Quality of Life"
"Fastest-Growing State for Technology Jobs"
"Among the Top 10 Most Innovative States"
"Among the Top 15 Best States for Doing Business"
"#3 in Overall Healthcare"
U.S. News & World Report