National Bank of Commerce CEO, Steve Burgess, has over 30 years of banking experience, joining NBC almost two years ago (June 2012 started at NBC), from State Bank Financial in La Crosse, Wisconsin, there he was president and CEO for 11 years.
Steve, and National Bank of Commerce, are the drivers behind the Regional Economic Indicators Forum, or REIF, which was held last month. Through their underwriting, detailed analyses of key regional indicators are being researched by the three large local universities. This analysis will help businesses and government leaders spur economic growth, prosperity, and regional collaboration.
Steve is a member of:
- Duluth Rotary Club 25
- Member of Superior Housing Authority
- Member of Greater Downtown Duluth
- Member of Kitchi Gammi Club
- Board member of Essentia Health Duluth Clinic Foundation
- Board member of Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA)
- Board member of Northland Country Club
- Chairman, Wisconsin Business Development Board of Directors
- Steve is married to the love of his life Kathy and has 5 children
"2016 Top State for Business"
"Minnesota lands back in top 10 of tech-business rankings"
"#1 State for Quality of Life"
"Fastest-Growing State for Technology Jobs"
"Among the Top 10 Most Innovative States"
"Among the Top 15 Best States for Doing Business"
"#3 in Overall Healthcare"
U.S. News & World Report