Invested in the Region
APEX Investor-members represent many of the region’s largest employers and most influential business executives. Investor-members promote sustainable growth in the region’s communities.
APEX Investor-Member Purpose Statement:
- At APEX, our members are investors – collaboratively engaging in and driving initiatives to cultivate a thriving regional economy
Composition of APEX Investor-Members:
- APEX Investor-Members include many of the most influential companies in the APEX Region
- We are committed to the APEX Mission:
- Leverage private sector resources to drive investment throughout the region
APEX Investor-Members Are:
- Vested in the long-term prosperity of our region
- Supportive of private enterprise growth and an increased regional tax base
- Flexible in taking advocacy and business development positions
APEX Benefits Investor-Members and the Communities We Serve By:
- Partnering to expand regional economic development capacity
- Keeping our region at the forefront of business development at state and national levels
- Researching strategic projects and/or business development strategies
- Highlighting unique workforce skills, needs and opportunities through NORTHFORCE.org
- Advocating for key private-sector projects/initiatives and a positive regional business climate
- Matching growth-oriented companies with private equity connections and consulting
- Initiating executive-level connections
- Creating a compelling business case for the region with a track record of success and achievement
APEX Investor-Members Contribute By:
- An annual investment in dues to support the APEX staff and mission
- Committing to participation in board meetings, the annual meeting and other events
- Supporting good governance, financial responsibility, and a goal-oriented focus
- Providing opinions and input on business development strategy and policy
- Adding knowledge and capacity to initiatives including research and prospect visits
- Supporting organizational growth by sharing the APEX story throughout their company and potential new members
“APEX understood the data center industry and what Involta needed to move forward with our project. They assisted us with identifying and meeting local customers, finding the ideal site, and arranging an incentive package to help us get established in the region. We probably would not be in Duluth if it weren’t for the help of APEX and their local development partners. Now that we are here, Involta has become an APEX member!”
–Bruce Lehrman Founder, CEO Involta
"2016 Top State for Business"
"Minnesota lands back in top 10 of tech-business rankings"
"#1 State for Quality of Life"
"Fastest-Growing State for Technology Jobs"
"Among the Top 10 Most Innovative States"
"Among the Top 15 Best States for Doing Business"
"#3 in Overall Healthcare"
U.S. News & World Report