Immediate Past Chair
National Bank of Commerce CEO, Steve Burgess, has over 30 years of banking experience, joining NBC in June 2012 from State Bank Financial in La Crosse, Wisconsin, there he was president and CEO for 11 years.
Steve, and the National Bank of Commerce, are the drivers behind the Regional Economic Indicators Forum, or REIF, which was held last month. Through their underwriting, detailed analyses of key regional indicators are being researched by the three large local universities. This analysis will help businesses and government leaders spur economic growth, prosperity, and regional collaboration.
Steve is a member of:
- Duluth Rotary Club 25
- Member of Superior Housing Authority
- Member of Greater Downtown Duluth
- Member of Kitchi Gammi Club
- Board member of Essentia Health Duluth Clinic Foundation
- Board member of Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA)
- Board member of Northland Country Club
- Chairman, Wisconsin Business Development Board of Directors
- Steve is married to the love of his life Kathy and has 5 children